2015-06-03 05:24:28 in Mobile games (Android, iOS, ...) by Claudiu
In Nightmare Run you control one of the different available monsters and your quest is to advance as far as possible in a dark world filled with deadly obstacles and scary monsters (though their design gives them a funny cartoon-like vibe). Collect coins throughout the game, kill zombies and their look-alikes, get powerups and eventually try to beat yourself in setting a new high-score.
Here are the features that make Nightmare Run a game to remember (especially if you’re looking for a Halloween-like thrill):
- Easy Gameplay. Your character must fly as further as possible. You control its advance by simply tapping on the screen to fly up and avoid the obstacles.
- Collect Coins. Using your flying monster you must collect as many coins as possible. Coins are valuable as you can purchase upgrades using them.
- Get Upgrades. You can upgrade your shield, coin magnet, speed and luck-charm using the collected coins. These power-ups help you advance faster.
- Monsters! You are a monster (literally) and there are 8 others available for you to play with (from the Eye Bat to the Dinosaur or even Zom Boy, Were Woof or Skully).
- Missions. You must accomplish missions and advance for instance a particular distance, or destroy zombies (you can destroy them by flying through) plus many other interesting achievements.
- Graphics & Soundtrack. The game has a cartoon-ish design with a spooky theme with bats, zombies, Frankensteins and other undead creatures, accompanied by chilling sounds as well.
In Nightmare Run you have to compete with yourself and try to beat your previous score (measured in traveled meters). The goal is to get as far as possible while avoiding the spinning garlic-lasers or deadly wrecking balls. The game is available for free on Google Play.